How can you obtain potassium iodide (KI) tablets?

The tablets may be obtained from the Ottawa County Health Department if you live or own a business within a 10-mile radius of the Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Station. If you are unsure whether you fall within 10 miles of the plant, contact Ottawa County Emergency Management Agency, at 419-734-6900, or visit the Ottawa County Emergency Management Agency website. View a map of the 10-mile emergency planning zone (EPZ) (PDF).

For citizens that live outside the 10-mile EPZ, review our Resource Directory to see where potassium iodide can be obtained. The listed agencies are the only agencies that the Health Department is aware of that currently sell these products.  If anyone has information regarding additional agencies selling Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved potassium iodide, please call the Health Department at 419-734-6800.

Show All Answers

1. What happens during a radiation emergency?
2. What is the best protective measure for the public and when would you need to take potassium iodide (KI)?
3. What is potassium iodide?
4. How much potassium iodide (KI) should I take?
5. How should I store potassium iodide (KI) tablets?
6. Is potassium iodide (KI) safe for everyone?
7. How can you obtain potassium iodide (KI) tablets?